Forums

The Chesapeake Area Killifish Club :: Forums :: Forum and CAKC News :: Introduce Yourselves

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Howdy from Catonsville!
Moderators: Tarcan Cevik, In2fish, cdiaz, SonnyDispositn
Author Post
chris_todd
Sun Mar 07 2010, 06:11pm
Registered Member #23
Hi, my name is Chris Todd, and I learned about this club from Kurt of the ACLC. My wife and I attended their meeting last month, and were wowed by some of the killies in their auction, and decided to look into keeping killies. We have had some Golden Wonder killies we got by accident two years ago when some plants we bought at a GWAPA meeting turned out to have eggs on them, but we've never kept any other killies.

Until now, that is - at yesterday's PVAS auction, we picked up a male Aphyosemion australe 'chocolate', a trio of Fundulopanchax scheeli, six Aplocheilus panchax 'blue', and four male Aplocheilus sp. 'Manipurensis' (I'll post another note about them).

I'm looking forward to being able to attend a meeting.

I don't have hobbies, I have obsessions...
Chris Todd
Niko
Sun Mar 07 2010, 07:16pm
Registered Member #14
Chris you and your wife are welcomed to attend our meeting. The next meeting is on the 20th of the month at 1:00PM at Rick and Mary Dotson's home in Fairfax. Direction are in the meeting notice . There will be some very "nice" killies in our auction. Hope to see you there Good Luck Niko the Pres.
chris_todd
Sun Mar 07 2010, 07:46pm
Registered Member #23
Niko, thanks for the invite! We were just at Rick and Mary's for the GWAPA meeting last weekend, and had a great time, but I'm afraid we are gong to be on an airplane on the 20th. Perhaps we'll see you all in April...

I don't have hobbies, I have obsessions...
Chris Todd
clearsky
Mon Mar 08 2010, 11:23pm

Registered Member #5
Chris: I too won't be able to attend the March Meeting, but will try to make the April one... Please introduce yourself if you make it... We can talk orchids... well,,maybe after the meeting..
david

orchid addict gone to the dogs (and now Killies)
SonnyDispositn
Fri Apr 16 2010, 11:26am

Registered Member #26
Hey, all, it's me, Bob! It's about time you got a Forum. I haven't figured out how to install my avatar. I linked to Photobucket, and then to an image on my flashdrive, and neither took. I'm hoping to make another CAKA meeting and sign up again. Probably not this weekend though, but perhaps May or June.

\"You never know what you\'re going to find, or where you\'re going to find it, so keep looking.\"
-Bob
http://www.sonnysfishroom.com

Niko
Fri Apr 16 2010, 02:26pm
Registered Member #14
Sorry to hear that you can't make it this weekend ,we have a great selection of fish that will be at this meeting and literature but other killies and books etc will be at our May 15th meeting. Summer is tough everyone is running here and there but our meeting will continue. Hope to see SoonyDispositn (Bob oh Bob) in May.............Niko

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF