The Chesapeake Area Killifish Club :: Forums :: Species :: New World

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Floridichthys carpio?
Moderators: Tarcan Cevik, In2fish, cdiaz, SonnyDispositn
Author Post
SonnyDispositn
Fri Apr 16 2010, 11:28am

Registered Member #26
Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm wondering if they could be adapted to freshwater, or water with a minimum of sodium.

\"You never know what you\'re going to find, or where you\'re going to find it, so keep looking.\"
-Bob
http://www.sonnysfishroom.com

Niko
Fri Apr 16 2010, 02:53pm
Registered Member #14
Yes Bob they are a marine/tidal fish, not many people have succeeded with this Killi. it can if you do it slowly can adapt to even fresh water or brackish.It needs a well oxygenated tank and plenty of room, can be a nasty little critter. Bob Bob oh Bob! They can be very territorial. several females for each male. I have never kept this fish but friends of mine in the Sun Coaskilli Club have. I will call one of them and get a little more information. Where did you pick that fish up from or from whom...... Niko

[ Edited Fri Apr 16 2010, 02:55pm ]
SonnyDispositn
Sat Apr 17 2010, 07:20am

Registered Member #26
HiYa Nick. Thanks. I haven't picked any up yet. Someone mentioned an expedition for one, and I'm debating whether to bring some home or not. Since they have an attitude problem, they might fare well with my mbuna.

\"You never know what you\'re going to find, or where you\'re going to find it, so keep looking.\"
-Bob
http://www.sonnysfishroom.com

Niko
Mon Apr 19 2010, 09:09pm
Registered Member #14
Hey Bob when are you planning to go on this adventure. I think that the Floridichthys might kill the other fish in your tank. One must remember that it is a saltwater fish and fights dirty!LOL It is a salt water Pupfish if you plan on acclimating it to fresh water it has to be done very very slooowly. They can be found in Tampa Bay,it is a seasonal fish Aug-Sept.is a good time. Let me know when and where! See you at the Auction. Niko

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF