The Chesapeake Area Killifish Club :: Forums :: Forum and CAKC News :: Chit-chatter
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Killi folks everywhere!!!
Moderators: Tarcan Cevik, In2fish, cdiaz
Author Post
Sun Nov 07 2010, 11:15am

Registered Member #5
It has been good to see so many fellow killi folks at all the "other" events lately....
between the catfish convention, and the Potomac aquarium club, I think I have seen 80% of the killi members in the past couple weeks....
Very interesting meeting at potomac yesterday, as a fellow came in to speak about general planting of aquaria... maybe a little too novicy for some but I came out of it with some new ideas and thoughts....
I am wondering.... is it possible that we (cakc) could entertain a speaker (or program) idea at some of our meetings???
At another club I'm a member of, we have an "advertised" speaker each month, but the board also has set up a program whereby one of the members sponsors a mini clinic for about 20 min. before the start of the regular meeting where they can talk or Q & A about a specific topic...
for example..... someone talks about "their" best way to culture a live food.....

we all sort of do it anyhow in our pre meeting general social discussion, but maybe if it were a little more organized, so that anyone that wanted to hear it would be able to... Rather than the person having to discuss it three or four times, because someone didn't hear the beginning of the talk.... that sort of thing... Any thoughts?????

orchid addict gone to the dogs (and now Killies)

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF